- Yotsuba is an ongoing Japanese comedy/slice of life manga series by Kiyohiko Azuma.
- It follows a little girl named Yotsuba and her adoptive father Koiwai, relocating to a new city and neighbourhood.
- With a total of 86 chapters in 12 volumes, each tells a different day-to-day adventure.
- For example, adventures like discovering the functions of an air-conditioner, watching the fireworks for the very first time, and visiting the farm.
- This manga was originally introduced to me by a friend from highschool.
- At the time, I only read 4 volumes because that was the only ones accessible to me.
- After so many years, I finally got my hands on the entire volume 1-12 when I was in Japan last year.
- I bought the original where the dialogs are written in Japanese because the translated ones costed a boom. And What I do is, I read the translated english dialog online then refer back to the physical manga for another good laugh. (tedious but so worth it!)
- Like the first time I read it in class, the manga’s just as good as I remembered it to be.
- Beautifully heartwarming, absolutely adorable, and so hilarious I could not say enough good things about this series!
- It definitely deserves more raves and a no brainer when it comes to giving a 5 star rating on Goodreads.
- I highly highly recommend it if you’re looking to start reading mangas, Yotsuba is a great one to start with or if you’re simply looking for something light and funny.